Thread: Zoo Dip
View Single Post
Old 09/03/2007, 03:13 AM
Registered Member

I too would be interested in seeing some pics of zoa fungus. I cant figure out what is happening to my zoas. I dont think it is pox I cant see any big bumps just a few smaller than sand. My polys started out getting some red stuff on them that I cant brush off. It started with a few polyps on a couple colonies and now it is on 4 or 5 big colonies and a lot of frags,destroying all of them. Ive dipped almost every zoa I have and it hasnt seemed to help.Ive pulled a few nudis and had a big outbreak of sundial snails,Ive gotten almost all of the snails by picking them off the rocks but it hasnt seemed to help the zoas at all they seem to continue to get worse. I havent really seen any pics or read any discussions that sound like my problem. I dont think its anything with light or flow or water quality because a lot of the colonies will be open but once a poly turns red it never opens again and it progresses steadily across the colony. Has anyone had anything similar happen? Does it sound like predators or fungus? I can post some pics,I posted about this a couple of weeks ago with pics and got no response since then Ive lost about half of my zoas.