View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 07:24 PM
Team RC Member

Oh, me---you're ok, should be, but watch your ph especially over the next hour, and stand by to take corrective measures. Ph is going to be the worst problem. Topoff only with fresh water for a few days, and I'd do a 20% water change tomorrow. I've shot a sizeable load of pure slurry into my system twice, and survived with no problems.

Probably with that small a bucket the actual saturation dose would have been 10 tsp, and one hopes not all that 8 oz actually entered the tank. If it did, it may take a few days to settle, but again---use your ph meter and correct as needed, but cautiously---don't over-correct. The worst of the crisis should settle in a few hours. If the whole dose went in at once you put in about 48 teaspoons, or 4x the useful amount per 5 gallons of ro/di water. Ergo, 10 tsp dissolved as it should and 38 tsp would have been in the total left undissolved. Your 30g tank would take up a certain amount, inasmuch as it 'needed' some calcium. That's as best I can figure it. I'd hold off using kalk until that's had some time to go through the system. Encourage evaporation, perhaps, by leaving sump area well ventilated; but watch temperature.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.

Last edited by Sk8r; 01/11/2008 at 07:44 PM.