View Single Post
Old 09/24/2005, 04:01 PM
Brother Maynard

hello adam,

this thread was just brought to my attention.

i have called american express (which my paypal is connected to) i dont know how many times already on this issue.

your paypal charge, american express says, was credited it back to paypal aug 18th.

since AUG 18TH, i have contacted american express, just for you, several, several times to ask if the amount was sent back to paypal. each time, american express tell me that the money has been sent back to paypal.

in addition to this, i have replied to your pm's and left my personal phone number to get a hold of me with any questions or frustrations that you may have. not once did you ever call me nor leave a phone number to contact you.

to repeat myself, i have contacted american express several times for you with each call reassuring me that the money has been sent back to paypal. i asked american express on how should you get your money back. amex said for you to contact paypal.

first, i would like to apologize about the charge back on your item from paypal. as i told you, my wife does the bills and she did not recognize the charge, so the first thing she does is put a dispute and question on it. believe me, i have been the victim of a lot of fraud and identity theft so, though i know it is and still is a huge inconvience for you, i understand why she did what she did.

second, again, i know this is inconvient for you, but amex said that you have to contact paypal in order to get your money back. amex told me that the dispute was closed and the money was sent back on aug 18th with a 'resolved' conclusion attached to it.

third, i would appreciate direct person to person contact on matters like this. i feel that this 'flaming and ranting' is immature and unprofessional at best. i understand your frustration but at the same time, i feel that your behavior is a little immature.

fourth, i have not received any correspondance from you since september 8th. i am a pretty busy guy and i value my time off. BUT if you or someone else is upset with me, i feel the mature and proper thing to do is continue correspondance until the disagreement is resolved. what good does it do for you to rant about me for two weeks without my knowledge. forget about how it makes me look. how does it make you look when i am finally aware that this is has been going on and explain step by step on what has been happening. though i know that it is a total hassle for you, i feel that i have been doing my part up to this point. i would appreciate it if, first, you would contact paypal and see what in the heck is happening and then me on this matter. again, to repeat myself...amex has informed me that they sent the money back to paypal on august 18th.

Ben.