View Single Post
Old 09/06/2005, 01:07 PM
Premium Member

Do not sell to bergzy

I hate to do this but I must warn others about selling to bergzy.

So here is the story, I had an AquaMedic metal halide pendant for sale. I was asking $200 + shipping. I agreed to sell the light to bergzy for $200 shipped. bergzy made payment via paypal using a credit card so I had to pay a $6.10 fee, but I didn't mind. The 17th was a Sunday so I shipped the light out on Monday and even purchased insurance for the light even thought berzy didn't want it. bergzy got the light, was in good condition, it worked, and he said he was happy.

Then on Aug 20th I get an email from paypal stating bergzy had filed a charge back on his credit card. I ofcourse can't figure out why he did it so I send him a message and he states it was an accident, his wife didn't know what it was so she thought it was an error. I said fine, just cancel the charge back please as paypal is holding my money now.

It is now September 6th and the charge back has still not been removed. I have emailed and PM'ed bergzy atleast 15 times and not got a response from him. If he doesnt have the money he needs to send me my light or something.

The only upside is that paypal has taken my side and stated that they will fight his credit card company on the charge back. Of course this could take months to figure out, and I could really use $200 bucks.