View Single Post
Old 05/16/2005, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

AARRRGGGHHH!!! My 3 1/2 yr old gold maxima is showing signs of the pinched mantle now wah!!!!!! I am really bummed about this because now I fear I can never put anymore clams in my tank. I called Kent Marine to see if the Tech D was good for clams and they said it has excellent results on bacteria infections and it says on the bottle that it is good at preventing the protozoan disease so I would in the future dip any new clam I get - that is if I ever get anymore. I didnt think I had to quarantine the clams because clams direct says they already do which I am sure they do however this time I dont know I feel somehow the stuff hanged in there and reappeared the following week after I got them because they looked beautiful for the first 3-4 days just like the original post says on the reef frontier then slowly got worst and worst and now my original clam has gotten it. I am not trying to point a finger if my tank had this protozoan present than I will just accept it however it is odd that I have had a clam for almost 4 years and another for over a year perfectly healthy and growing then add some new clams and all this stuff happens. I will post how the Tech D works, Carrie