View Single Post
Old 12/23/2007, 10:04 AM
Soul of a Sailor

Thinking like that is exactly why nothing gets done. There's nothing hard about it at all except convincing the public that it needs to be done. The technology has been around for years. Within 12 years we could do away with gas as the primary fuel source altogether if there was enough demand.

Quote:
Sure, we could all be driving around in 4 cylinder Corollas, but that is not practical. We might as well ask everyone to ride their bike to work.
Yeah, you're right. Corollas are sooo uncomfortable and extremely impractical for all that harsh driving people do. SUVs and muscle cars are definitely better suited to interstate driving and those high speed commutes to work.

Quote:
35 mpg and American's desire for powerful cars do not go hand in hand. You cannot blame politicians for that.
They don't go hand in hand if you insist on using 1970's technology like American carmakers do. Like I said my car is almost 20 years old and it makes about 75 HP/liter as compared to a 2008 mustang that makes about 50 HP/liter. I'm not blaming politicians at all. I'm blaming the automakers for sticking to the status quo and the citizens for not demanding any more from them.