View Single Post
Old 03/23/2006, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

I received my panther as an adoption from the local Petco, believe it or not, along with a picasso trigger and a carpet eel blenny. They were all in one tank together and were buddies. They hang out under the same overhang, rub up against each other and get along great. The trigger is the definite pig but the panther now gets more aggressive for food and will sometimes take a chunk from the trigger. The panther's eating frozen shrimp, squid and anchovies but still gets most excited with a live goldfish. All three were big fish when I got them: panther-7 inches, trigger-6 inches, eel-10 inches. They are in a 125 gal tank.
My panther generally likes to hang out under an overhanging rock but will cruise the tank casually, especially when I come by for feeding time. He doesn't eat at night when I've slipped a fish or piece of shrimp in there to see their reaction. I've just put in another smaller picasso trigger and a snowflake eel into the tank and all are getting along fine. The larger trigger initially chased the smaller trigger but they're getting along well now. The panther is pretty unfazed by the other fish. He's a very mellow tankmate.