View Single Post
Old 01/16/2006, 10:17 AM
Reefin'

ive had my panther for about 4 months now and hes bout 7 inches long and eats anything that will fit in its mouth. The panther is a fish that should be the last to go in an estblished tank , cuz its very hard to add fish after uve put in the mighty panther. He got his territory quickly and never gave it up very defensive when new fish are added and thiinks that they rare food but then he realizes that he cant fit them in his mouth. The last fish i put in this tank was a scopas tang and at first the panther kept on nipping at him the first day but then i feed the pnether and the scopas(silversides,bloodworms and for the tang sea weed even tho the tang ate the meat too) The panther just gave up and said this isnt food this is going to be a guy livibng with me. the tangf had a few nipped out of his fins but grew most of them back the next day. the panther is fun to watch he always stays over by where i feed him. evry time i enter the room hes over at the rightside of the tank swimming frantically. overal they r very hardy and a good selction to an aggressive but yet big enough community fish for an at least 100 gallon tank. i will eventually get a bigger tank then a 120 , so i will probably buy a 180 soon enough.but for the 120 i bought a uv sterilizer bout a month ago sice i noticed how much watse the grouper was porducing and i read that alot of people insisted on getting it with a grouper since the grouper can be prone to parasites. SO yes what i feed the grouper every day is a cube of copped up mysis shrimp, bloodworms, silversides and some krill. i had a princess parrot fish that i had bought but that didnt work out that well the panther had half of the parrot fish in his mouth but couklnt eat it so i took the parrot out and took it back to the LFS and everything was just peachy. So yea grouper are outstanding fish very intelligent and will live an extremely long life for a fish so be ready .

Ichthyophobia - fear of fish