View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

This mandarin is a replacement to a previous mandarin that came to his demise after colliding with my fuzzy dwarf's spine(downsized from another tank and was trying to catch the dwarf). I found him all puffy and dead a few hours later after almost a year in my little tank. I know mandarins dont usually do well but Ive sucessfully trained them to take prepared foods. I know he will get taken, Im actually more attached to the mantis than the mandarin anyway... and I just got the mantis lol. the mandarin is cute but i havent had much time with him yet- maybe a week. He has gotten fatter since the first day.. but thats not really relevant being that hes gonna be toast lol. Id love to return him so he wont get eaten... but I cant catch him! the rocks are too tricky

My tube anemone is actually pretty mellow- if thats the right word. Im just curious if the mantis will attack it? Ive never lost anything to the anemone, not a hermit, a pompom crab, nudibranch, nothin, its kinda weird. He actually retracts his tentacles if the slightest movement is felt on the tips of his tentacles. He isnt very predatory at all. Im more worried about the mantis giving him a good whack!

I snapped a quicky of the mantis here you go- not the best pic but hes still a bit shy