View Single Post
Old 12/17/2006, 06:02 PM
Moved On

He did not tell me anything until after I emailed him to tell him about the broken wire and the poor soleder jobs I found.

I could not get him to test the fixture as the fixture ballast had been thrown out, as it was deffective. The fixture itself was to be in excellent condition, tested, and all bulbs firing.

But after I emailed him the story changed. Everything was excellent and all bulbs fired, but he did go int to do some repairs.. he did not test his repairs because ht ballast fried, and he got shocked and did not want to risk getting shocked again.

Obviously, he did not trust his own handy work.

I still have the fixture, and have not done the repairs.

I wil go to small claims court.

here is the pictures of the two wires he said came loose, (coincedentally at the exact same spot).

Check out hte solder job. Just lay the wire on top of the other wire and drop a glob onto the two and hope it all sticks...

He did not even know to use heat to shrink the insulation into place.

This is how I found the wires. Can you imagine if I powered the ballast. There is no doubt there would have been an arc across this 1/4" gap.

not to mention the end cap wire for the T5, that was screwed to the fixture housing, (he thought it was a ground)...

The shiney black heat shrink was my doing. I thought I would fix it, before I realized I better contact him first about the other repairs..

When I asked him why he went into the fixture, he said the bulbs were loose. I then asked him why he would go intothe hot side, the side witht he power connectors when the other end has a thumb screw and access to the bulbs without using a screwdriver.

It was at that point he admitted he did go inside and do some repairs...

And yes, I know the datea are all wrong. I will set the date on teh camera again and retake the pictures...