View Single Post
Old 06/20/2005, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That's news to me--you never contacted me about that, like the other select few who are suddenly coming out of the woodwork with this stuff. Besides, they are NOT brown at ALL! They're PURE PURPLE under my light (50/50 PC's), and under other people's metal halides--and they're not even those often-overkill 20,000K's. Feel free to ask the others I've traded/sold them to; I traded them with other people who were quite happy with them. joshnemily from Nano-Reef.com, for example, traded me three PPE-looking Blasto polyps for three of these, and they were very pleased. Tigahboy, a guy in Florida, and I are the only three people with frags of it, so it's not some common, cheap morph (not that ANY Blasto is now!). Feel free to ask for yourself--they were quite pleased with them.
I did say that they were brownish and not purple the day I got them and you assured me the color will return once the polyps acclimated. I just think you over rate your items. To say they are "PURE PURPLE" just backs up my theory even more. I also asked for a pic, but you had an excuse for not being able to take pics. I didn't know you have a digi cam otherwise I would have demanded a pic. Also, you keep saying how happy everyone you sell to is, yet you are getting numerous complaints. How are you so sure that everyone is so happy. Maybe more people will come out of the "woodwork" if they realized what they experienced wasn't an isolated incident. I didn't complain more because I thought you were a hobbyist, but after seeing the amount of items you sell, I'm more inclined to think you are trying to make a profit; thus, I think you over rate your items to make a better profit.

Quote:
Anyway...10,000K's? Try getting a 14,000K bulb, at least. Everything looks terrible under those old 10,000K's.
Are you trying to imply that 10ks make everything look uglier? Or are you trying to say I can't get 14ks or 20ks

If they are truly "PURE PURPLE" then shouldn't they look atleast purple since they were "PURE PURPLE" to start with. How does Pure Purple turn to brown with just a change of bulb temp? But besides that, I use to use 20k xm. I didn't like the color because it made everything blue instead of representing the true colors. My orchid dottyback looked dark blue. If the 10k's are so old than why are many TOTM's still using them? Here are some pics of what 10k's look like in my tank.

I'm in the process of curing LR for my new 240g tank, so for now i'm holding all livestock in a temporary 75 gallon tank. I'm still using one 175 watt ushio for lighting, and yes, my RBTA is bleached from the move.

Close up of clam, so you can see all the colors 10k can represent.

Here's my 240g curing rock.