View Single Post
Old 12/21/2007, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye ME
"Strongly" is very subjective at this point. To me, the evidence "strongly" shows there is very little contribution from CO2, and that this is all part of the natural changes experienced by Earth.

Fear/drama/sensationalism sells. See: global COOLING in the 1970s.

I'm not buying.
Well said............the world was "flat" in the eyes of scientist in our not too distant past, as well. One FACT that IS irrefutable is that there have been major heating and cooling cycles from the fossil records......................................that is not conjecture or numbers that can be manipulated by those who want to believe one way or the other.

In my home state, Texas, we have more problems in our southern city from pollution being BLOWN in from Mexico. I can see that with my own eyes when I am in the Big Bend. So how much information is being skewed because of winds from the atmosphere in countries with little or no pollution control?? Why is it our responsibility to do anything for other countries (CHINA cough cough) to do something to clean up THEIR act?? The whole "you first" game is an irresponsible attitude from ALL countries. The whole thing makes me think of a bunch of children arguing.....................................and the US has just become the world's scapegoat. Clean air is a good thing. The politics of it is the REAL polution.