View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 11:55 PM
Registered Member

Greetings All !

From the ELOS Mg test instructions ...

Quote:
1.rinse the test vial in tap water; then several times with the aquarium water. Fill it with the aquarium water sample up to the 3 mL mark using the measuring syringe.
2.add 9 drops of reagent magnesium A (shake reagent bottle before every use and close the reagent cap immediately).
3.close the test vials with the plastic stopper and shake the solution for a few seconds.
4.remove the plastic stopper and add, to the test sample, a dosage spoonful (0.15ml) of powdered reagent B (it does not matter if the powder has not completely dissolved
5.close the test vials with the plastic stopper and shake the solution for a few seconds.
6.remove the plastic stopper and add reagent Magnesium C drop by drop (count the drops!). Swirl the test vial after each drop in order to mix the liquid thoroughly. Continue to add the drops of reagent Magnesium C until you have obtained a change of colour from pink-violet into blue colour. Close the reagent flask immediately.
7.wait until the coloration is stable at least for 30 seconds
8.multiply the number of drops you have added by 100. The result indicates the approx Magnesium content in mg/Lt. (1 drop = 100 mg/lt). E.g. 11 drops = 1.100 mg/Lt of Magnesium
9.rinse the test vial and the measuring syringe in RO water
Spelling, capitalization & punctuation (and lack thereof) is theirs ... I'm just the primate with a keyboard.

European decimal notation has always confused me. I'm pretty sure they mean 11 drops = 1,100 mg/L .

HTH