View Single Post
Old 12/31/2007, 11:22 AM
SMBS

Quote:
Originally posted by scbadiver
I KNEW IT! It IS airborne!!! I am sorry to hear this but you did confirm something for me. I noticed the same thing when I pluck it. It comes back stronger and thicker. That said, when my skimmer broke (when I "fixed" it), I noticed in the few weeks I was without it the evil weed lost vigor and the bright green faded. I then started feeding the tank VERY heavy. A lot of it died and I then pulled out the rest about a week before the party. I still have some growing but it isn't as thick or strong as it was. I believe it likes really clean water. Good luck and sorry. Next time I will offe EPA suits for visitors and a washdown as you leave
I have recently make large improvements in my water quality. I upgraded my skimmer and added a phosban reactor. I think it's helping in my fight against Lobophora (brown wafer algae) but its possible the improved water quality is not helping in my new war with GPW. Its always something

"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."