View Single Post
Old 11/19/2007, 09:55 AM
Zoa Color Pirate

Ok.. I'll fess up. I did it, I had a crocea under PC's in a nano for 13 months if my memory serves me right. Still have the clam but I did upgrade tanks & lighting 2 years ago. The crocea was actually in a 2 gallon tank under 13W PC for about 3 months while my 10 gallon (96W PC) matured alittle more. I'll see if I can dig up some old photo's after work.

I did not see any color change in the clam after upgrading to MH lights, I did notice an increase in growth though. I'm not saying it did not grow in that year under PC's, growth was obvious.. it just had a growth spirt after the upgrade.

I also had an ex that kept 4 or 5 clams underPC's in a 65 gallon tank for 3 years that I personally knew of. 1 very large derasa that outgrew his tank, 1 crocea & the rest were maxima's including a black & white. The only issues I ever saw was the derasa & one of the maxima's had what looked like stretch marks on them... but he told me it was because of their rapid growth? Of course, he did also tell me that a crocea needs less light than a squami or a maxima even though everyone else says otherwise. Anyway... no I dont have pics of his clams though, just offering my experience with long term PC lit clams.