View Single Post
Old 12/19/2007, 11:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricimer
Hi!
One week ago I finally changed my 250w DE bulbs (10 months since last change) and went from the Phoenix 14k to the G-mann 14.5k What an improvement! You were perfectly right
hahnmeister! The general visual impact is great immediately: color of the corals and color of the whole tank (ambiance). It is very white, very 10k like, wich I like. Not yellowish at all of course. I tought I would wait at least a month before giving you feedback to see the possible change in the pigmentation of the corals. No need to wait, this also improved in a little week. I expected to have my pinks back but was not expecting much with blue pigments. Mistake: even the blues improved. My blue M. digitatas are bluer than ever and even has reddish-violet hues on the basis wich makes great contrasts with the clear blue of the polyps. This is it, I am keeping those G-mann 14.5k forever. No more experiences for me.
Regarding the T5 actinics I have tried to use only pure-actinics but it was too purple and unnatural looking (ugly). I changed to half pure actinic and half actinic + and it's perfect. Richer color than actinic+ alone.
Thanks!
Ricimer
Would you be able to post some standard pics of the tank so we can see the output of the G14.5K's?