View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

This was an excellent thread and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing a bunch of wood turn into such a nice piece of furniture. I have absolutely no wood working stills beyond cutting, painting, and nailing baseboard and casing. Well, I did build a stand for my 30 gallon water tank and my chiller, but they were ugly. This thread has already got me considering a small project to build a stand for a 40 gallon frag tank. Something that will not be too heavy so I have a little wiggle room if I don't build quite right.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you Red on a wonderful job and for sharing your entire planning, build, and finishing process with us. Along with being generous enough to make your plans available to others and posting costs to give people and idea what they are getting into.

As far as some posts, just remember that some people have a hard time offering advice without making it sound like criticism. Some people just get kicks nitpicking another persons work or design. Others just like to make people mad for the fun of it. Then you have people that are a combination of this and then act indignant when this is pointed out to them.

Great job, keep posting pictures as things progress, and if you start another project you better let us see (and others judge).