Thread: AquaC CLUB!
View Single Post
Old 08/20/2007, 07:15 PM
Premium Member

Hey all!

I have owned an AquaC EV-180 for about 1 year. I had been running it with a Mag 7 and gate valve on the skimmer output for about a year with what I felt were inadequate amounts of skim.

After reading through this thread I opted to put a bigger pump on the skimmer and chose the Eheim 1262. I have the 1" output on the pump that runs in 1" tubing to a hosebarb hooked up to a 3/4" ball valve. From there it reduces to a 3/4 tube to hook up with the skimmer.

I also changed the skimmer output by removing the gate valve and added a peice of straight vinyl tube to cut backpressure down.

When I run the pump wide open the water level in the tube goes up about 3". It has tons of tiny bubbles in it I would like to run the pump wide open if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to achieve this?

When I dial the ball valve back so the water level is at the top of the black box and adjust the air intake to produce bubble I get no skimmate at all.

Any help you geniuses could provide would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks!

Heres a couple of pictures...
Plumbing.

Water level at the top of the black box.

Pump wide open and air dialed in to make fine bubbles. Its hard to see but there is a discernable line in which you can see the water level a little bit. (Notice the super wet skim that it pushed through)