View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Atomikk
Be careful of your clown hosting in a brain. If it sleeps at night very inert, the brain may think its food.

Just to be safe, get it a frogspawn or a torch (euphyllia)
This was a concern for me when I saw the clown began to host the wellsophyllia. He seems to be a very "active" sleeper, I think he has restless fin syndrome . Also, most of the time he digs a bunch of rocks out from under the brain, and sleeps underneath it. The clown also has some size to him(~3"), so he's pretty stout and would be a tough meal. They've been together for over a year and no problems yet(knock on wood).

I used to have a bunch of euphyllia, and he never showed any interest in them. The frogspawn in the tank now used to be around 5 heads or so and was huge(relative to my tank), and he never went near it. I had a hammer coral the size of a grapefruit, and multiple torches, never touched any of them. Lately he has shown a liking to large duncan colony.

Here are some really old shots showing the euphyllia:

tacocat- Thanks a lot! In my experience, keeping zoanthids at the base of my acros has been no problem at all. The acros always win the encrusting war, and keep the zoas in check. My ORA german blue is still encrusting down and plowing through zoos in his way. I've yet to see zoos grow on and takeover a healthy acropora. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Last edited by myzislow; 01/08/2008 at 12:32 PM.