View Single Post
Old 07/07/2005, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Yes, the St. Lawrence River is a great place and Jodery is great wreck (I will be diving her later this month). Its bow is at 150 ft as you said, and its stern goes down to a little over 240 ft. Currents are quite swift and shipping traffic is dangerous, particularly if you are blown off the wreck and have to do a hanging deco mid-channel. You may be interested in a previous thread on the St. Lawrence:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=618422

If you plan on purchasing a backplate/harness/wings, I would take definitely go with Halcyon over OMS. You might also want to take a look at DiveRite. I would caution you against any harnesses with quick-release shoulder buckles as they are potentially more dangerous. A clean simple continuous harness is preferred. As you are probably aware, in technical diving, less is more. For tanks, in cold water (steel) check out Pressed Steel, for warm water (Aluminum) you have a variety of choices. I could go into lots detail on the topic of technical gear but this is probably not the right thread for that. Do feel free to start a new thread or email me if you wish.