View Single Post
Old 12/04/2007, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

well his fins started to rot a little and the tail is a bit ragged now, but hes back to eating mysis and live brine like normal, so i hope he recoupes and they spawn again in the near future.....now for the fry

they actually all seem to be doing very well. its going to be day 3 tomorrow and i actually have no losses yet. now i know i will start to encounter some losses soon but im keeping my fingers crossed that it will be minimal.

my set up....well i actually dont have one as of yet, lol. i have them in a in tank fry rearing container. the plastic frame with the mesh netting. its in the main tank and i have a plastic plant in there to give them some shelter. I want to try to get to days 7-8 before i delve into a new fry rearing set up. i dont want to spend any more money if there going to die on me, or if the parents are not going to spawn again soon or more often.

as for now, im feeding them newly hatched bbs, they SEEM to be eating from what i can see. and there all still alive so im assuming theyre eating.

any physical signs that theyre eating? the stomach looks round any silvery, does that mean theyre eating?

what small(20 gal or less) rearing set ups do you guys out there have?

how long can you sustain the bbs on the hatching container before they go bad or are not fit to be fed to the hatchlings?

is there anything else i can feed the hatchlings this early? and when can i start to feed adult brine shrimp or frozen food?