View Single Post
Old 11/21/2005, 01:10 PM
forever newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Holmes-Farley
Thanks, Gene.

I'm not too worried about the anemones since they are far apart right now. I'll worry when they wander together. Did yours move much?
Randy,

The most interesting thing to me was that H.crispa hasn't moved for at least six month prior to the LTA's introduction. I would say that it begun expanding more towards the newcomer in about two to three days, which lead to me to believe that it tried to compete with the new anemone chemically, somehow. They never touched, by the way, but the M.doreensis after opening fully for about a week started to go downhill. It accepted food for a week or so after the fact and than stopped. I trid runing carbon 24/7 but it didn't help much, so I opted to bring it back tot he store.
By the way, I am not saying that yours will do the same, I was just wondering if you had any concerns or thoughts about it.
Your rose E.quad is absolutely gorgeous and I wish my 15 or 16 clones that I have looked like that. All mine are huge with long tentacles and no bubble tips...
I forgot to mention that I gave away my H.crispa last month when I rescaped my 75 sps dominated tank, it was roughly 2' in diameter and I just managed to fit it in a 3g buckett for transportation.

"The rivers may flow away from us,but the rains are brought to us.With prayer that we may all live in peace."
Anthony Calfo