View Single Post
Old 02/07/2006, 02:33 PM
In the undertow

Wonk, this looks very cool. I have toyed with the idea of doing something like it with the 180 I am setting up. What makes yours fit so well is those windows, even if they restrict you on tank length. It will really look like it belongs there. For mine it would just come right out of the middle of a wall, although I have thought I could put bookcases or something on either side.

What I'm most concerned about, though, is being totally unable to access the back of the tank in any way. Do you think that is a potential problem?

Also, I feel like I would need to have doors both above the front of the tank and above the ends, to give me as much access to the top as possible and make it easier to get to the overflows. (I have an AGA MegaFlow, and the dual overflows are set several inches in from each end.) That still would make me nervous; I know fish can find their way into the overflows sometimes, and without the ability to completely remove a canopy and get on a step ladder to get down into that overflow from above, it seems like it might be tricky dealing with certain situations. Since your overflow is at the end of the tank, I don't think it would be as difficult.

I'm definitely tagging along for this one!