View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

I know that I should have quarantined my "new purchase" first, especially for the sake of the others that I have lost. I do care about my tank, it's inhabitants, as well as the state of natural reefs. Over the past 20 years of keeping marine fish/corals, I have never had to quarantine anything. I have been very successful with drip acclimation Maybe I have been lucky, or just that the quality of the people/companies that I have purchased from has been exceptional. Over the years, I have only lost a handful of fish, some died of natural causes I'm sure, as well as some from tank mates that intimidated them, others I believe were not captured properly (i.e. cyanide captured, etc). Everyone knows that this is a difficult/expensive hobby, and no one wants to see livestock suffer. Either via our own hands, or the distributors that sell us our precious livestock. It only seems to me that Petco doesn't care. When I personally showed the manager at my local petco the state of tanks in their store, he simply did not care. I have periodically gone back over the past couple months, just to see. Some tanks have gotten better, and some worse. When I'm asked if I could be helped, I usually just reply "just looking". Maybe my local Petco doesn't meet the norm, but the corporate office is yet to respond. Leaving voice mails, and e-mails don't get anywhere. When I purchased, the store had only been open for a couple weeks. Things looked pretty good, but looks can be deceiving. Hopefully, no one will make the same mistake as me in not quaranting future purchases. Just wish that I could get through to corporate to get the local store to cleaning things up. Who knows. Maybe it is the supplier to them that needs to clean things up. Just trying to head problems for others off at the pass!