View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

I agree that it is "My BAD" for not quarantining the fish first. However, I examined all of their tanks before purchasing and everything looked fine. It wasn't until days later that I returned to their store and found that most if not all of the marine tanks were suffering losses. I also did not care for the fact that when I showed the manager the current state of their marine tanks and showed him that fish were showing signs of distress and even ick, that he could have cared less. I also, did not like the fact that when I went to the petco website, went to the contact us, and submitted store feedback that I didn't so much as receive one e-mail stating sorry for your loss, but our policy is blah.blah.blah and you should have quarantined the fish first blah.blah.blah. The company website obviously represents how the company operates in general (I'm sure that there are some local exceptions).

Other company websites show their value for the customer. For example. I recently purchased a breakfast meal at McDonalds (Who has to get thousands of complains daily). I pulled up to the drive-thru, got my breakfast and drove away. About 2 miles down the road, I tasted the hot chocolate (It was like hot water - No hot chocolate at all). Everything else was fine. I went online, submitted some feedback, said that everything was basically fine with the exception of the hot chocolate). They e-mailed me back promptly within 24 hours. The sent a coupon regular mail for a replacement meal, and appoligized for the inconvenience. I do not hesitate to go back.

As far as Petco is concerned, I have tried countless times to communicate with them. Never any response. I would have been happy with a sorry! But nothing!

Anyone who deals with them Beware!