View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 04:27 AM
Registered Member

Bend over & buy an Acan

The prices are out of control for these Aussie Acans. These pieces are everywhere & most aren't even that nice. I've seen at least 4-5 vendors selling these.

If you're buying these why? The market is being flooded, why not be a bit patient & force them to lower prices. I'm not heavy into LPS so maybe I don't understand. This is crazier than any of the Sps rare coral infaltion hype I've seen over the years.

Yes I know Australia only lets certain areas to be harvested occasionally, but it's not that rare.

For people that don't know anything about human nature & the "maddening of crowds" this is a classic case. Do a search on tulip mania & you'll understand what I'm talking about. Basically, if you're one of these people buying up all this stuff thinking you're going to make a killing re-selling frags, you'll be one of the many holding the bag on a coral that will drop like a rock in price eventually. I already personally know of people getting these Acans dirt cheap..........the decline is already starting.

I remember not too long ago when single ricordia frags were going for $400 a piece & they weren't even that rare.