View Single Post
Old 02/16/2007, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

I could understand why algae isn't growing in your display tank with all the tangs etc...., but your refugium is crystal-clear. Doesn't seem like that could possibly be a 'too-high' nutrient issue (phosphate) as you should see algae really taking off there (microalgae, not just the macro).

You mentioned running the skimmer wet. Is that possibly the problem? Skimming wet should (I think!) remove any phyto or zoaplankton you add to the tank. This is just something I read on RC, please don't quote me on that . It might be a good thing to research though, I know you asked about it earlier in the thread but haven't seen anyone suggest it could be the problem. I don't think anyone has suggested running it 'dry'-- that might be something to ask about...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hendersonracing
everything else is rocking and growing like crazy....look at the gsp in the middle of the pic
If you don't mind my changing the subject.... be careful with that GSP. That stuff can really take off. I have Xenia and GSP in my tank. If the Xenia ever gets out of control-- no problem, it pulls right off. But the GSP can really stick to the rock-- it is hard to remove it unless you can take the rock out of the tank and either scrub it or use a razor to get underneath the mat.

It's bad enough on a 55 gallon, wouldn't want to have to deal with it on a 210!