View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Well I perhaps found a possible reason. The calcium in my frag tank was only 350, I've since moved the colony to my display where it's 420. There is a small amount of nitrate present in both my tanks approximately 5 and for sure less then 10 (so hard to tell with the colours sometimes). I use Salifert test kits in case you're wondering.

I don't really keep many SPS frags in the tank other then things that frag by accident so I haven't closely monitored the calcium rate until now. It was 390-400 prior to me putting the dendro in as I did test before putting it in. I add 2 part since there is no reactor on the frag tank.

I normally don't like posting what I paid but just to ensure you guys know this is a dendro I paid $350 for the colony. I could have bought 8 sun coral colonies 2 vats over at the same shop.

It's now on the sand bed indirectly under a 250w 14k light getting some low to moderate flow. I just checked it with the lights off and its still not open. I don't think light effects these guys at all. I have tried turning the lights on and off to see if it made any difference and the tiny bit of extension it did have did not change with lights on or off. It's more of a pain in the *** to feed in the display but I will try and entice it later today.