View Single Post
Old 07/08/2007, 02:46 PM
August TFR Relay '07

i should have known from the very beginning that this transaction would be trouble. he posted on the original for sale thread and sent a PM stating he would take the frag pack.

during the next 6 days, i replied to his PM twice asking where would i be shipping to and even if he was still interested. no replies but i know he read them .

so i bump the thread as back up for sale. only then does he send me a PM saying he did reply and sorry we could not have done business.

at that point, i should have just left it. but i inquired what did he say in that PM. he said he downgraded to a 60 and is limited on space and needs to be selective on what he puts in. i tell him to look thru what i've got available to frag. he proceeds to lowball me on a great deal for what he picked out. we arrange a ship date and i ship on 6/13 (same day as keeperz and mmtowns friends stuff). per fedex, package delivered at 9:21am on 6/14.

i don't hear a peep until i get that nasty paypal email stating he's filed a credit card reversal on 6/26. so i send him both a PM and email asking what is going on with that. he received the PM (yes, brandon you did get it) but doesn't reply. so i post my buyer/seller feedback thread.

on 6/27, he emails me (wow, how'd i manage to receive this one ) stating:

- he'd been trying to email me for a week and never got a response
- only 1 frag made it past 3 hrs outside the containers and that died after 2 days
- since he didn't get any email response he went ahead with the chargeback and he will not cancel it.

i reply saying i never received any emails or PMs and that it was not very considerate.

he replies stating he has the emails to prove it and that he was completely unsatisfied and there is nothing more to discuss.

at this point, i'm pretty upset and say things out of my character. i call him a lowballer, flake and liar and say if you were dissatisfied, you would have IMMEDIATELY gotten in touch with me that same day. and that my phone number was even on the shipping label.

he states he cut that airbill all up and threw it away and that no one puts phone numbers on the air bill anyways and that he does not know what to tell me.

i tell him i don't know what to say either because i'm on RC and check emails daily.

he says he's got the emails as records to prove it and ASSUMED that since he didn't hear back from me via email he wouldn't hear back via RC either. also, that he's not about to pay for stuff dead and not as promised.

i reply saying:
- your emails can be falsified and that credit card companys know that.
- when i have a problem with an order/shipment/whatever, i immediately get in touch with that person by any means possible to let them know the status.
- your assumptions about not hearing back via RC is ridiculous since thats how we arranged the purchase.
- your "all or nothing" attitude shows your unwillingness to be reasonable which i WAS willing to do.

after that, he sent another email asking what i'd consider fair to work this out. i won't bother replying and will accept whatever the credit card company decides.

i'm just really upset at how this whole situation was handled. i felt shell-shocked and blind-sided and don't want to deal with him anymore. i should have known from the start.

to me, if you have a problem with an order, you immediately get in touch with that person by any means possible. and you'd probably send some pics along with it.

that excuse of tearing up and tossing the shipping label is just lame. i taped the sealed label to the top of an icecooler so you wouldn't have to tear anything. to open the cooler, just cut the tape that seals the lid closed. even if the label was tossed, couldn't you just get it from the garbage while scrambling to get ahold of me?

realistically, it sounds like the frags died in his system after a week or so. they were NOT dead upon arrival or within 3 hours or else he would have contacted me immediately. if you can email, you can PM .

i would have provided replacements if things were handled differently, but at this point i really don't care as all integrity is lost.

and i know during this entire fiasco, he was online here at RC browsing around.