Thread: EuroReef Club
View Single Post
Old 11/24/2007, 09:56 AM
Blue

The water is stable as can be and the skimmer sits in 8" of water. I'm only using the 90 elbow for the out flow tilted slightly. I still haven't built one of the air silencer, that is a project for the weekend. Without the airvalve on the skimmer, the milkshake slurping sound is just way too loud.

That is my main problem, getting the bubbles high enough in the skimmer neck to actually spill skimmate into the cup. If I set it all the way at open, the neck would get filthy dirty but after 24 hours i'll hardly have a drop in the cup. I have to have it almost set to closed to get my bubbles breaking high enough to produce skimmate and I know this can't be right. Just seems to be the only way that I can produce skimmate quickly. It's nasty stuff so I'm happy about that, I just know that I'm not using the skimmer to it's ability.

melev, if I cleaned the cup every day, I doubt I'd get an ounce of junk in the cup. It seems to work better after a day and with a little dirt on the neck.

Another thing different than my other two ER's is the amount of bubbles in the actual cup. Tons of them, so many you can't see the neck.

I just took these pics, about 2 1/2 days since I cleaned. Notice the cup full of bubbles!