Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 09/07/2005, 07:59 PM
Robotic Overlord

Pods galore, a scared lawnmower blenny and the return of the brown crud!!

I have the worlds most timid Lawnmower Blenny, he is really large but hides in the same spot in the QT tank ALL DAY LONG!! I have NEVER seen him out in almost a month. Tonight I finally saw him perched on a rock when the classroom lights were out. I moved to look at the tank and he darted like lightning to his hiding spot. I am almost afraid to put him in the display tank, maybe with more hiding spots in the display tank he will feel more comfortable.

While I was lloking at the QT tank I noticed I had TONS of pods all over the glass, super thick over the three display sides. I have never had any LR or anything of the sort in the tank, the only thing I can think of is I probably got a little reef tank water into the QT tank via an eyedropper (I use an eye dropper to take water samples and feed) that had some pods and they bred like rabbits.

The brown crud returns. In the right front corner of the tank I can see the brown crud returning, it ALWAYS starts there, always then creeps forward and left. I think it is a flow issue as it isnt growing anywhere else. Im gonna get a powerhead and direct it towards that corner. Otherwise it isnt growing anywhere else. Im cutting lights to 4 hours a day.