View Single Post
Old 12/20/2007, 02:32 AM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by chris wright
This is a topic, especially conserning the vortechs that have quite a few people worried. As you have pointed out alot of people are reading this thread and are getting worried. I definately will not be buying vortechs based on the problems Jonathon has had, based on the fact of the customer service that i'm seeing is not what I would think to be satisfactory, not only in this case either.
If there were 5 cases or more, I could better understand people's fears. And even that would be just a handful vs. all the pumps out there. So far, it appears to be the only case in two years' time.

Out of all the posts I've read both on RC and our own club's message board, I've not seen people being treated poorly by EcoTech/IceCap's customer service. Post after post, customer service either replied quickly or the person posted that their issue was resolved. Which is what we would expect.

How they deal with this customer - that's what really is being discussed in this thread. It seems several people want EcoTech to buy him a new tank. When Kent's Sea Salt killed off livestock across the nation with the bad batch of salt, they offered replacement salt or some other equipment at the same value. They did not replace lost livestock, nor the money it would cost to replace the livestock.

In the end, I do hope everyone involved in this situation is content. However, the court of public opinion really has no bearing on this situation because as was pointed out, we don't know all the facts and we risk being wrong by assuming we do.