View Single Post
Old 11/01/2007, 05:04 AM
This is my Passion

Rethinking My Refugium

Your thoughts please~ I have been thinking of tearing down my refugium and restarting it with just macro. The refugium was started in late 03'. The tank was moved a year ago, but the fuge was basicly moved in tact, except the water. It has a 3-4" sandbed, about 30 LBs. of LR, several types of macro, and some really bad algae I have been beating back for quite some time. Lately the sandbed has been releasing lots of bubbles, and it's just plain nasty in there. To me, I think the LR and sandbed in there are shot. I would like it to flow free, and have the macro only. I would have to find homes for a few critters, but would finally be free from the fw's,red algae, and the mantis I think has always been in there.{I hear him snap occasionally}. My fiance' questions what will I do if when I tear it down I realize it was doing more good for our filtration than what I think. It just seems like all my problems come from there...that dang red cotton candy algae is trying to take a foothold in the main tank again...