View Single Post
Old 12/17/2006, 09:52 AM
10 & Over Club

Quote:
Originally posted by Blinkgyrl2987
I think billsreef is right... like I said I work there... and there are stupid CORPORATE laws we have to follow and alot of them dont make any sense thats why working in my own department I let the immediate managers know what I'm doing and they are cool with it... ( none of those higher up people need to know) Its those higher up people that say we're not allowed to feed live fish to any of the fish.... but in that case what is our snow flake eel supposed to get?

They really dont know what they are doing.. the higher up the less they know because they have the least contact with the animals out of all of us. Its just a job for me... I do the best I can and you better believe ... that eel gets his live fish! lol I dont care what anyone says. Ha!

It would be nice if each store was independent though.
I also used to work for them, still have many friends in the company at store level. Indeed doing right by the fish often involves ignoring certain "policys" and the need for a store manager willing to let a good fish person do what is needed. BTW for the snowflake eel, they will readily learn to take frozen or rehydrated freeze dried krill which is a far better diet for them than the feeder fish. If you do feed any live feeders, stick to the rosy red minnows as they are a better than the goldfish which are bad diet for anything, even fresh water predators.

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)