View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 02:07 PM
Wangateur & Sauveteur

Quote:
Originally posted by scotmc
When was the last time you went to a professional hockey game?? (1960)
1960? Was that a guess or a slam on my age? To answer your first question, my last pro hockey game was last year, the Minnesota Wild in "Hockeytown, USA" St. Paul, Minnesota. (No fights, just a clean game that night. Free tickets.)
Quote:
I think your confusing the UFC with professionl Hockey.
Did you look at the video link at the beginning of this thread? Name another sport (beside the UFC) where such behavior is allowed, even encouraged?
Quote:
football is far more harmfull to the body. There are studies proving professional football is the most violent sport to the body. Do your homework.
I am well aware of injury occurrence statistics. Basketball and volleyball have relatively high injury rates as well, but we're talking about fighting in this thread, not injuries sustained during the clean play of a game.
Quote:
What does you being an official at high school hockey games in Minnesota for five years have to do with anything. First, were are talking about professional sports. Second, did you even play the game of hockey?? If not, you really have no clue.
So playing hockey is the only qualification that allows one to discuss the fighting in the sport? Being an ex-official and a student of the game still leaves me "clueless?" That would be like me saying that if you are not an orthopedic surgeon, neurosurgeon or ER doc, you are clueless and unqualified to have an opinion on the medical aspects of sports.
Quote:
Originally posted by rockindacheeks
If a kid wants to play hockey they need to know that fighting is a much a part of the game as scoring goals.
That hasn't been the experience of my daughter's boyfriend, who co-captains a Top 20 college team and plays defense. He's been in two hockey fights in his life.