View Single Post
Old 01/04/2008, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Great Info Guys!

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefmack
reefsr4me - I can't get to Ebay from work (it's blocked) so I can't comment on the RO/DI unit posted.

NaCl - I got my HM3 TDS meter (also on that page link you posted) on Ebay at a really nice price - built in thermometer, etc. At times the shipping is also lower on Ebay, so that can be a deciding factor also. In fact I have 2 now - one came free with the RO/DI I later got from Air Water & Ice (it even came with a pressure meter built in - that was the really nice surprise).
Reefmack - Just to clarify.... Your HMS3 TDS meter came from the filtersdirect store on EBAY? Great heads up about Ebay vendors lower price and shipping costs! Although I have found some questionable handling charges....

reefsr4me- Thanks for the clarification on the chiller brand. I am very pleased to hear that it only runs less than an hour a day to maintain your RSM's temp! The boss of the house, my better half, has me placing the RSM in our Florida Room on the south side of our house... tends to be warmer than a more interior location!

Since I live in SE Florida, my major concern in making the decision to set up an RSM was being able to maintain the LIFE in my tank if I had an extended power outage due to a major storm! Hurricane Wilma caused a 6 day power outage... fortunately she was followed by cool weather, so we were able to open up the house!

I have an emergency diesel generator to maintain the Refrigerator, some lights and a small TV for info, etc.... But I am counting the load the RSM would require in Watts!

Thanks!