View Single Post
Old 06/03/2007, 09:07 AM
Premium Member

Hi invincible569. I have been following your thread and its one of the reasons I decided to go with a larger tank, great looking setup. Your also the reason why I'm going to try and risk some rare angelfish in my tank.

I am actually not going with an ELOS tank due to the time it would take to build and ship it and that I will probably be containing the top in a hood anyways so there is not reason to go rimless. Secondly, the length and width of the tank make it hard to create a rimless tank because of the server water pressure (I want to make sure the glass will never bow).

The tank is being custom built in Miami right now and should be ready for deliver by August. Even though its not a ELOS tank I still think it should be pretty impressive. I'm a big fan of having maximum width and I figured I could not go wrong with a 5' wide and long tank.

The design I'm using from an ELOS tank is the square machined PVC drain that another member has on their custom ELOS tank. I'm hoping that this design will work best for me as I hate the look of overflows in tanks. My design does allow for the addition of two corner overflows if I am not happy with the ELOS design concept. Once I find the pictures from that member I will post them.

Thanks for your response and I would appreciate your continuing feedback.

Proud Registered ORCA Member