View Single Post
Old 07/16/2007, 07:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chris wright
Some could be exported form Indonesia but sold as Aussie acan's. The labour is cheaper, so obviously collection is cheaper.

These Acan's are not as colourful/nice as the Aussie ones, so just be aware of this. I've read on the local forums (Australia), that this is becomming a common occurance, so just informing you whats happenning. Do your reasearch before buying just in case.

Chris.
My main hold up here, though, is that Indo's have been legal for collection and export for quite some time. If these were Indo's, why would none of these incredible colors have shown up years ago when they were first hot (or at any point since)? Some of my Aussie's look like some of the nicer Indo's (called non-Indo at the time...), but for the most part, the colors are much better. I have some ugly ones (well, at least one really ugly, brown Aussie acan), but these colors take what we've seen as Indo lord's a few steps higher on average. If they'd been from somewhere that it was legal to sell from, they would have hit the market years ago. What I don't get is why you guys in Aussieland wouldn't have gotten these before. That makes absolutely no sense to me. What kind of lighting is popular down there (more in terms of K temp)? I saw some posted pics from someone else from Aussieland and his tank seemed closer to a 6500K look (could have just been how I saw it). If that is the case, the difference may be in lighting? I know I am always heavy on actinic blue (14K MH's with VHO's). Lighting is just a shot int he dark. It doesn't make sense that in the first few shipments, so many nice colors would come in before becoming at least somewhat popular in Australia (now there were cherry pickers down there I heard, so that might explain why some of the nicer ones made it up this way, but if they collected them then, why wouldn't they have collected them before). With so many Aussies talking about how they never saw these colors before in their LFS, I am intrigued and baffled. I can't bring anything to mind that makes sense...