View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 12:57 AM
SEAS President

Thank you to everyone who attended. A quick re-cap of the meeting:

We had a vote for the 2008 SEAS officer positions. The vote was all in favor of leaving the current positions filled as they currently are. This vote is required yearly by the club bylaws. All of us that are holding officer positions in the club have done so less than a year, but this way, we will have the voting at the first meeting of each year.

Next, I showed attending members the SEAS hand out cards, and gave everyone some to pass out. The cards contain basic club information, such as where to find our website, http://www.theseas.org

We discussed membership cards, and new member welcome packets. I estimate the lead time on completion of these packets to be approx. two weeks.

New members (within the last 30 days) names were announced.

The new SEAS member discount list was gone over. I am still trying to get an answer from two LFS's on whether they will honor a SEAS discount of any type.

We asked for volunteers for future meetings. The club recieved two offers to host meetings.

We gave a quick recap on where we currently are on the planning stages for the next SEAS event, which will be a frag swap at Midwest Exotic Imports. Thanks again Fish for allowing us to use your facility. Due to large coral colony availability, or lack of at the moment, The corals have yet to be aquired. Once the corals have been aquired, a definate date will be set for this event. We expect it to be sometime in Feb. I would also like to start planning another frag swap. Possibly in April.

We were fortunate enough to meet new members Fishworm, and Daladae. It was a pleasure meeting you.

I gave a tour of my tank,.... Then we ate pizza! I had a great time, and I hope everyone else did too.

On an after thought, I should have done a glass drilling demonstration. I have two breeder tanks I want to poke some more holes in. If anyone would like to learn how to drill glass, let me know, and I will add it to the list for a future meeting. Thanks again everyone for a successful meeting!

Jason