View Single Post
Old 12/12/2007, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

thank you for your reply, I did another water change (10g because that was all the salt i had at the moment.) so Im now up to about half the tank worth of water changes this week, trying to weed out the crappy tap water, which ended up killing all my snails (tap water) overnight... So a few more 10 percent changes should have the water predominately RO water, and I read the specs on the glacier machine out front of albertsons, and that water is RO/DI with UV sterilization, 7 stages of filtration. And its only 1.50 for 5 gallons. So those who dont have an RO filter yet, look for a glacier water vendor it is filtered better than the bottled purified Ive been buying.
Anyway, back to the tank... I read somewhere on here that the coral will shed? Is that the 'tissue-y' looking stuff that keeps coming off or is my coral just suffering? I will test my water today, the 2 fish in there seem to be doing great, better than ever with the new water in there... And I will put the results on here and see what you think. Thanks for your help!! I feel so alone in all this confusion a little insight is a breath of fresh air. My husband says 'this is your nightmare not mine!' I told him it is my dream that is a lil foggy, not a nightmare. So I need all the help and support I can get (he gets mad at the costs involved but hes not too bad about it, he deals because he loves me, thank God, lol) Thanks again! )