View Single Post
Old 06/27/2007, 07:30 PM
Team RC Member

invincible569 - I remember that you started out anew, my mistake. My first tank was/is a 30g cube, and I had a nice collection of acros started but it got wiped out during the treatment of AEFW's. Not to mention battling bryopsis, red bugs, 'run-of-the-mill' flatworms, and a mantis shrimp that tricked me into thinking I wa a fish killer. I have no regrets -- the whole nano tank was a great learning experience, and it better prepared me for this current setup.

thesaent14 - Thanks for the compliment. The tank is currently at Kingfish Aquarium here in Austin, not in my home, so I can't take a close-up of the glass/PVC joint for you, but I will in time. Please remind me if I forget.

Bax - Glad to have you here. I know that if I ever have problems with my calcium reactor I can count on you for help .

cbui2 - you make me laugh

GSMguy - What you wrote was quite nice, thank you. You're right that a large influence for this rimless tank came from invincible and naka, and like I mentioned early on some of the european tanks. Another beautiful example for me, although on a much grander scale, is the tank of chingchai. That tank convinced me that it's okay to have a wavebox in an open-top tank. Initially, and like many others, I didn't want ANY powerheads or extra equipment in the tank, but his system proves that those large intrusions can be made almost imperceptable if the aquascaping is done right, and if the corals are properly placed.

ebolii - The tank was made by AGE (Acrylic and Glass Exhibits)

martinphillip03 - I dunno, that would assume that we've already had a classic thread?