View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 09:01 PM
2007 Eastern Conf. Champs

Quote:
Originally posted by rbursek
JUst came up from the lower levers were my sump/fuge are, did the water change yesterday, tonight, Ca 375, went from 425 to 375 with this bad RC, added C Balance and Turbo boost and Mag.
But as I said, we put are faith in these companies products and promises/specs, I own my own business, and I am acountable for all aspecs, I tell my employees, "if we have to go back to do it right, it is a double lose, we are there for free, and not on a new job making money"!!!! Good thing, they got the concept real fast.
Bob
Hey Bob,

That's wierd that DFs told you that as they posted in their forum that it was testing out ok. Also, wondering what size waterchanges you are doing? If your calcium is dropping from 425 to 375 in your display tank, the calcium in the new water would have to be significantly low. I'm no mathemetician or chemist, so maybe one one of the mods here can comment. For example, if you are doing a 20% change on your 120 gallon tank, or 24 gallons and you are testing your freshly made RC water at 320ppm, would that really drop your display by 50ppm? Not doubting your findings at all, just that if that's the case, I am seriously going to spend a lot more time doing tests myself That's a big drop in the display.