View Single Post
Old 11/02/2006, 03:18 PM
My Life for Aiur!

I've had a 250w 10,000K Coralife Metal Halide with 2x 65w 420nm Actinic Power Compacts. All my corals used to survive and grow like wildfire. I had my bought with algae growth many months ago, and I've already gone past that step with not detectable nutrients. I've tried different test kits from good ol' Salifert to simple Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, and they all have tested the same (with the exception of inaccuracies between different brands). I've stayed up MANY nights looking for predators and there isn't anything. I even resorted to overfeeding thinking that my corals weren't getting enough nutrients, and that hasn't helped any either.

I've been around the block a few times and have looked at every possible angle at my tank and all areas are covered except the lights. I've even looked into testing for all sorts of things that I don't even dose for. Iodine, Strontium, Copper, you name it are all where they should be.

The death of corals really started to take its toll at about 3 months ago. Under the same lighting a few months before they were growing quicker than I could keep up with them, but now they are receeding quicker than I can deal with.