View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 11:18 AM
Premium Member

I had to go with one more three day black out with my reef .
I did not had as many dinos this time but I think one more black out will help .
So far still using one Lt of GFO a month I still have the refuge running I change all my MH bulbs to 14K Hamilton I got the Calcium reactor out of the system now, I use Randy's two part with a slow doser and kalc for all my water top of so I got my PH constantly over 8.3+ even at night,I cut back on my fish population in half my feeding is also very minimum .
I Still got the dinos not is much but it was some before I turn the lights off for three days .
This morning I turn the actinic on for the first time in three days the tank looks good some minor bleaching of the corals but not to bad .
I hope they go away soon.... I been fighting dinos for over 19 months now. I never B***s to try any carbon addition.
This morning I did some testing .
P04 with low range colorimeter 0.03
N03 with saliferd test kit is about 3 or 5 on the low range .
Mag 1400.
Alk 11 DKH
Calcium 430.
Still have some small cyno spots and a little HA......That tell me i still have some DOC in the tank water, most be the 14 years old LR i have in the tank but is corals all over them so it is no way i can get new rock right now.