Thread: Rod's Onyx
View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 05:51 PM
Premium Member

Well, I talked to Rod last week about getting some clowns. After speaking with him I decided to go w/ some $25-35 clowns that weren't of full color that others their same age were. Since I was tossing up the option of getting onyx or solomon island percs with a chance that the solomon's would gain a lot of black as well, getting a cheaper pair of Rod's seemed like a fun option to try. Anyways, sorry for the crappy quality photos, but here's my new Rod's Onyx (maybe not so onyx for now, but they've got a shot!):

First few are during acclimation, one of the pics has a purple cap from a 1g water jug. I don't think people realize how small these guys are! So dang cute.

This last one is a pic of a bunch of gutter guard I used to "seal" off the top of the tank. These guys aren't cheap, better keep 'em in the water!

As a side note, UPS delivered these way late in the day, like 3pm. They were basically dead looking when in their packed bag. After opening the bag and acclimating them, they came slowly back to lively hood. So just be careful not to quickly come to the conclusion that they're dead or dying, give them a chance to acclimate!

Go SunDevils...there's always next year!