View Single Post
Old 10/24/2007, 08:30 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for all the compliments.. I am married already, hehe

I got the canister from an old DI unit that I dont use anymore. I think I bought the thing from FOS around $30 but that was including the DI filter. I think you can get one for about $15 online without the DI filter.

The timer I use is Coralife Power Center - Single Digital

I originaly purchased it for my lights but found out it did not work the way I had planned. I had it in a box for a while before I found a use for it. The nice thing about the power strip is it has 7 timer cycles but I only use 4 of them. I have mine programmed to come on at (5am, 11am, 5pm and 11pm) and they stay on for 5 mins then shut off. When you program the cycle the blue outlets are ON while the Yellow ones are OFF. I have my Stir Plate plugged into a BLUE socket and my ATO plugged into a YELLOW socket. This is an added feature for my setup because it will turn off my ATO while the Kalk is stiring. Also helps to reset the ATO if it failed somehow. Its worked for me very well but I only use one BLUE and one YELLOW outlet which is a waste but still does what I want it to.
Ca = 420
Alk = 9
Mg = 1350
NO2, NH3 = 0
NO3 = 0