Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 08/04/2006, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

Is there a common name for MgCl? Where do I get it?

How do you guys have your flow set up? While trying to set up proper flow for my open brain, it occured to me that I had wayyy to much flow. No matter where I put the brain You could see that the flesh on it was being blow too hard. It was being compressed against the skeelton, and it didnt look too happy.

**The blue squares are seio 620's. The red lines represent the approximate flow stream from the PH. The blue rectangle in the later pictures is my mj1200. The green areas indicate areas of cyano growth on the substrate.**

Heres my flow when I first set up the tank. So we have 1240 gph flow at this point. The Problem here was that I had excessive cyano growth in the areas covered in green on the diagram.

After a few months I got sick of the cyano not going away and thought it had something to do with my flow being too low in those aeras.

I re-angeled my Seios so they were pointing more towards the corners. This worked much better for the cyano along the sides, but there was still cyano growth along the back wall of the tank.

I then added a mj1200 to flow along the back wall of the tank. Now we are at 1500gph.

This was working great for the detrus and my TBS corals, but once I added the brain it appeared to be too much for the poor guy, even at the bottom with rocks surounding him partially to break some of the flow. The solution was to simply remove the seio closest. Now we have 900gph and the flow pattern is like this.

Do you think this is good? Creates a lower flow in half of the tank for some of the inhabitants, while ealving a high flow areas for the others.