View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Actually, the net thing and feeding works pretty well. Also, I would not give up hope if you don't get him the first couple of times. As ozyreefa concluded, the fish will get wise, but let's be honest, fish are stupid! They might outlast your patients but in a couple of days they will be none-the-wiser again.

In fact, I had a Lemon Peel Angel fish that made quick work out of a plerogyoa sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral). From what I understood it was a kind of hit or miss on a Centropgy's affinity for tasting corals. I was furious, so I decided the fish would have to go back to the LFS.

My first few attempts failed, in fact, I just left the net propped in the tank for probably a week or two, and tried periodically to catch her off guard during feeding. After a while they got so used to the net being there, they would go into the net to eat. Still she thwarted me several times.

Then one day before I had to go to work, (conveniently since I work at the LFS) I saw her sitting just out in front of the net. I approached the tank, and placed my hand on the handle. She hadn't darted yet! I whispered to myself, "You can't seriously be this stupid?" And WHAMMY! I nailed her, stuck her in a zip lock and cianara Lemon Peel!

After warning of my account, I sold her to a guy that's a total R tard. (R for reef) She came back in a week, and I think we ended up making 90 dollars off of her before she stopped coming back!