View Single Post
Old 09/06/2003, 12:18 AM
Premium Member

Well I've been busy on the tank so I thought it time to show some more progress. I'll post some more photos in a moment, but first..

awcurl: Yes, that bevel made a big difference in light dispersion. I'm pleased I took the time to do it but it was no easy task as I placed the header before I had receive the tank and didn't know the width of the opening at that point(impatience on my part). Therefore, I had to wait until the side 4X4s were in place. Then I used a Skill saw held against the wall with the blade at a 45-degree angle. Definitely not an ideal situation but it worked. I also had to cut the corners by hand. Again, worth the effort.

Dz99ls, nickoz, Travis: Thanks and I'm glad you found it useful.

Louis Z: You are welcome. It sounds like you have some fun ahead of you. I am envious of your fresh start and the ability to build to suite. In regards to the window AC unit, unfortunately the window I have in that room is too narrow so my only option is an in-room portable unit. The real problem with this is that they tack on another $500 for this "feature". As far as aesthetics, that widow has large growth landscaping just outside so if I could put a window unit in, it would be concealed.

Taoism: Sorry, but I don't recall the brand or model offhand but if you need it, I could get it. Yes, it is just that.. a manual forklift.