View Single Post
Old 12/01/2007, 06:02 PM

Very interesting tank. It doesn't appear to be 1000g but the picture could be disguising the size. Whatever the case, it will be extremely diificult to aquascape and get good flow.

As far as closed loops go, the Hammerhead would be OK but I would consider going with a pressure rated pump so you have more options open, like being able to run Penductors. I use a Hamerhead for my return, and it is very quiet. Your skimmer will make more noise than any single Sequence Reeflo pump IMO.

The real question should be, what is your aquascaping plan? That is going to dictate how you do your in-tank flow. One thing I did was to have a line popping up in the center of my tank with a cap on it. The pipe is vertical and the cap has a small hole drilled in the top, as well as two slots cut in the sides to orient the flow downward. This keeps the center of my tank bottom clean, but you must be able to easily remove it to clean out the coraline buildup.

I think this tank shape could benefit from a couple of WavySeas with 45 deg. outputs in the top ends. Everything you do will be experimental, but one thing you will have to conquer is detritus gathering in the center section.